The Adel-Cook County Chamber of Commerce’s and Friends of Reed Bingham State Park’s partnership event, the 4th Annual Backyard BBQ Competition and Trunk or Treat, drew hundreds of fall festival-goers from Cook and surrounding counties to the state park on Saturday, Oct. 21, 2023.
Saturday’s “4th Annual Cook County Cook-Off Classic Backyard BBQ Competition was the best one yet!” according to the Chamber. “We were proud to partner with the ‘Friends of Reed Bingham’ group this year and could not have been more pleased with the turnout. Thank you to everyone who came out to support our teams, the Chamber, and Reed Bingham!
“Congratulations to all of our BBQ teams on a great weekend of friendly competition and to all of our winners!!”
The BBQ Cook-Off winners included:
• Brunswick Stew: 1st Place – Ribpublicans; 2nd Place – Johnny P’s; and 3rd Place – Holly’s Que.
• Ribs: 1st Place – Ribpublicans; 2nd Place – Johnny P’s; and 3rd Place – B-Rads BBQ.
• Chicken: 1st Place – Holly’s Que; 2nd Place- Under Construction BBQ; and 3rd Place – Johnny P’s.
• Boston Butt: 1st Place – Ribpublicans; 2nd Place – Under Construction BBQ; and 3rd Place- Johnny P’s
• AND 2023 Grand Champion – RIBPUBLICANS.
In addition to the Backyard BBQ Competition and Trunk or Treat, the Fall Festival featured live music with The Danny Dawson Band, a Cook County Fire Department fire truck and mascot, food vendors, hay rides, face painting, the Imagination Station, miniature golf, kids’ arts and crafts, and much more.