On Thursday, Jan. 26, 2023, the Adel-Cook County Chamber of Commerce announced the 2022 Community Award Honorees.
The honorees are:
• Sharon Harnage, Woman of the Year. She is owner of Quick Consulting & Business Services and TSR Boutique LLC. She has been instrumental in many community activities; for example, helping coordinate the community response in the wake of the 2017 tornado; work on the Cook County Centennial Committee in 2019; and annual Christmastime festivities at The Depot in Adel.
• Kirk Hand, Man of the Year. He is owner of Cook County Ford and helps lead Toys for Cook Kids, among other community activities.
• Candy Cane’s Learning Center, Small Business of the Year. Candy Cane’s is owned by Candace Horne, who is very active in the betterment of Adel and Cook County.
• Gavin Merwin, Young Professional of the Year.
• Luke Rountree, Agribusiness Person of the Year.
Chamber members joined the “Of the Year” Prize Patrol last Thursday afternoon. They made surprise visits to congratulate the winners. Each award recipient was given a dozen cupcakes, balloons, and a surprise of a lifetime.
Cook County Economic Development Director Lisa Collins is scheduled to soon present the Company of the Year award.
“We are excited to announce our 2022 Community Award Honorees!” said Chamber President Heather Green. “These individuals and business owners pour their hearts into Adel and Cook County every day. The Chamber could not be more proud to recognize them and look forward to properly celebrating each one in a couple of weeks at a dinner in their honor.”
The Adel News will have more information on the 2022 Community Awards in upcoming issues.