County officials sworn in during investiture ceremony
The investiture (swearing-in) ceremony for county officials – re-elected, newly elected, and appointed – was held on Wednesday morning, Dec. 28, 2022, in the main courtroom at the Cook County Courthouse.
Cook County Probate Judge Chase Daughtrey gave the welcome. Chief Superior Court Judge Clayton Tomlinson delivered the opening invocation and remarks.
Judge Daughtrey then swore in each of the following officials:
• Stephen Chammoun, Chief Judge, Magistrate Court. Chammoun was elected without opposition in 2022 to a four-year term.
• Ronnie Fender, Associate Judge, Magistrate Court. Judge Fender has served Cook County for more than 40 years.
• Debra Robinson, Board of Commissioners, District 1. She was re-elected in 2022 to a new four-year term, and will serve as Chair of the Cook County Board of Commissioners in 2023.
• Guy A. Daughtrey, Board of Commissioners, District 5. He was elected without opposition in 2022 to a four-year term.
• Corkey Taylor, Board of Education, District 3. He was re-elected without opposition in 2022 to a four-year term.
• Chaddrick R. Sumner, Board of Education, District 5. He was re-elected without opposition in 2022 to a four-year term.
Family members and friends joined the officials for the investiture ceremony. Refreshments were served at the conclusion of the ceremony in the Probate Court Hearing Room on the first floor of the courthouse.