Search Warrants Executed in Cook and Tift Counties
ALBANY, Ga. – Federal search warrants were executed at 13 locations in Cook and Tift Counties yesterday in a joint law enforcement operation involving the FBI, U.S. Postal Inspection Service, GBI, Cook Co. Sheriff’s Office, Lowndes County Sheriff’s Office, Adel Police Department and Hahira Police Department.
Search warrants were executed in Cook County, Georgia:
- 908 Lavind Way, Adel
- 611 West 6th Street, Adel
- 304 South Martin Luther King Drive South, Adel
- 609 West 6th Street, Adel
- 307 South Martin Luther King Drive South, Adel
- 418 South Martin Luther King Drive South, Adel
- 817 Turkey Drive, Adel
- 306 South Oak Street, Adel
- Cook County, Georgia, Parcel 0016104 (also known as 1041 and 1011 Antioch Greggs Road, Adel)
- 2301 South Hutchinson Avenue, Adel
- 1100 South Gordon Avenue, Apartment B, Adel
- 157 Deerfield Drive, Sparks
A search warrant was executed in Tift County, Georgia:
13. 1319 Ty Omega Road, Lot 9, Tifton
Yesterday morning’s operation resulted in the seizure of 14 firearms: two assault rifles, one rifle, one shotgun and ten pistols. In addition, 3.2 kilograms of methamphetamine, 725 grams of cocaine, 288.8 grams of cocaine base, 74.4 grams of MDMA, 81.6 grams of suspected fentanyl, 9.8 kilograms of THC and 1,000 miscellaneous prescription pills were found.
Three individuals were taken into state custody and are facing state charges: Calvin James Smith, Sr., 54, of Adel, is charged with possession of a firearm by a convicted felon; Joe Smith, 52, of Sparks, is charged with possession of methamphetamine with intent to distribute, trafficking methamphetamine and felony possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime; and Justin Thompson, 35, of Adel, is charged with unlawful street gang activity. A state warrant has been issued for the arrest of Calvin James Smith, Jr., 33, of Tifton, for trafficking methamphetamine, possession of cocaine, possession of methamphetamine to distribute, possession of cocaine with intent to distribute and manufacturing/sale/possession of 28 grams or more of MDMA.
All defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilt in a court of law beyond a reasonable doubt. This is an ongoing investigation.