The Cook County Grand Jury returned these “true bills” or indictments on Oct. 4, 2022:
• Carlton Dewayne Miley, 43, of Sparks, terroristic threats and acts (three counts). The judge ordered special presentment bench warrants for two counts.
• Amber Nicole Wray, 28, of Sylvester, terroristic threats and acts and disorderly conduct.
• Ralph Edward Densmore, 70, of Chatsworth, Ga., aggravated stalking.
• Billy Jack Griffin, 31, of Adel or Nashville, aggravated stalking.
• Richard Austin Young, 34, of Adel, aggravated stalking.
• In a case brought by the Adel Police Department, Antonio Devon Carter, 30, of Camp Pendleton, CA, or Sparks; Larkem Iquan Hayes, 34, of Adel; and Bobby Leon Kaiser, 51, of Adel – Trafficking in cocaine (all three), possession of cocaine with intent to distribute (all three), possession of tools for the commission of a crime (all three), theft by receiving stolen property (TCL TV, all three), possession of a firearm (pistol) during the commission of a felony (Hayes), and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon (Hayes).
According to warrants and court records, on March 19, 2020, at a South Oak Street address, the defendants had approximately 16 grams of crack cocaine, approximately 30 grams of cocaine, a scale, and sandwich bags.
• James Earl Overstreet Jr., 37, of Sparks, trafficking in methamphetamine, possession of cocaine, felony possession of marijuana, possession of tools for the commission of a crime, possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony, and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
• Codefendants Jeqhuan Antrelz Deangelo Carter, 20, of Jonesboro and Tyone Kalil Brown, 21, of Stone Mountain, criminal use of an article with an altered ID mark – firearm with serial number removed (Brown), felony theft by receiving stolen property (.45-caliber handgun, Brown), window tint violation (Brown), and felony possession of tools for the commission of a crime (digital scales, Carter).
• Marcus Courtney Brown, 27, of Tampa, Fla., felony theft by bringing stolen property into state (firearm), felony possession of marijuana, possession of drug-related objects, and speeding (93 mph in a 70-mph zone).
• Vanessa Latrice McCloud, 50, of Adel, crossing jail guard lines with contraband (marijuana), possession of marijuana, and simple battery/family violence.
• Killean Vance Thompson, 32, of Adel, crossing jail guard lines with drugs and possession of marijuana.
• Jamie Tyrone Johnson, 31, of Macon, criminal attempt to commit a felony (a package of Jolly Rancher gummies containing THC), theft by receiving stolen property (a stolen Taurus firearm), possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony, possession of marijuana, possession of drug-related objects, window tint violation, speeding, and failure to wear a seatbelt.
• Lori Denise Davis, 42, of Sparks, financial transaction card fraud, criminal attempt to commit a felony, and theft by taking. According to Sparks Police, on Oct. 1, 2020, Ms. Davis attempted to purchase $527.86 worth of items from Walmart with a stolen Discover credit card.
• Joseph Peppay Heaps, 33, of Smith, Nevada, or Cecil, burglary, second degree (break-in at a shop on West Fourth Street in Adel) and obstruction of an officer (two counts – resisting arrest).
• David Levin Pafford, 48, of Adel or Lakeland, burglary, first degree, financial transaction card theft, and financial transaction card fraud.
• Sarobia Laneise Felder, 25, Sparks, criminal damage to property, second degree (accused of damaging an 82-inch LG TV by punching and throwing a picture frame), simple battery/family violence, and suspended license.
• Jose Aldair Angeles-Escalona, 24, of Adel, criminal damage to property, second degree (accused of destroying a woman’s purses and clothing by fire) and obstruction of an officer (fleeing from officer).
• Jonathan Tyler Hall, 30, of Sparks, fleeing or attempting to elude (two felony counts – attempted to escape arrest for probation violation) and reckless driving.
• Edward Franklin III, 22, of Warner Robins, fleeing from or attempting to elude an officer, speeding, and reckless driving (101 mph in a 70-mph zone).
• Jaquay Tyrique Davis, 22, of Sanford, Fla., fleeing from or attempting to elude an officer – felony, DUI of alcohol, window tint violations, possession of marijuana, possession of drug-related objects, speeding (125 mph in a 70-mph zone), seat belt violation, reckless driving, following too closely, open container of alcohol violation, tire requirements violation, and driving in the emergency lane.
• Brandon Dewayne Adams, 26, failure to register as a sex offender or sex offender registry violation. According to the Sheriff’s Office, after having been convicted of child molestation on Aug. 15, 2018, Adams gave an incorrect home address in Sparks to authorities on June 30, 2022.
• Brandon Jarad Miller, 42, of Sparks, failure to register as a sex offender. According to the indictment, on Jan. 16, 2007, Miller was convicted of possessing obscene material depicting a minor in a sexual act.
• Charita Alyssa Deberry, 31, of Adel, simple battery/family violence. According to Adel Police, the defendant pulled a woman’s hair on March 5, 2022.
A “true bill” or indictment means that the Grand Jury decided the District Attorney’s Office presented sufficient evidence to take the case to trial. (An indictment does not mean that the defendant has been convicted of the alleged offenses.)
Arraignments for the indictments are scheduled to begin at 8:30 a.m. Oct. 26, 2022, in Superior Court at the Cook County Courthouse. At that time, the defendants will have the opportunity to either plead guilty or not guilty to the indicted counts. The judge may sentence the defendants who plead guilty during arraignments. The cases against defendants who plead not guilty will continue, with further motions by their defense attorneys, and may be resolved in trials. (Some defendants may formally waive a court appearance at arraignments and plead not guilty via motion of their defense attorneys).